Have you been thinking of selling your home? If so, 2014 might be a good year to do it. For example, in Fair Haven prices are up, fewer homes are on the market, and the real estate absorption rate is consistent with a “seller’s market”. I recommend that you interview 2 or 3 different REALTORS® and ask each one to give you a detailed marketing plan. Here are 4 things you should look for:
- Over 90% of buyers look for homes on the internet. Does the REALTOR®understand and use the latest technology including a video/virtual tour, a feature presentation on web sites and the maximum number of photographs (25) allowed in the Multiple Listing Services? Does the REALTOR® use QR codes and SMS text for instant information/photos to smart phones?
- How, in addition to the MLS, will your listing be distributed to REALTORS® who may already have buyers looking for a home like yours?
- How often will you get periodic progress reports on the success of the marketing plan, and what will they include?
- Is the REALTOR® confident enough to regularly publish a column or blog giving statistics on local real estate sales? Can he/she give you key, objective indicators of what’s happening in your town’s real estate market?
I’ve lived in Fair Haven since 1975, and I’d love to help sell your home in the shortest time and for the highest price. Please call and let me be one of the REALTORS® you interview.
(732) 239-0739 (cell) (732) 530-6686 (office)